Monday, January 30, 2012

Birthday Blues!

Here is a birthday card I have made for a male. I find it so difficult to make cards for men becuase I love covering my cards with lots of embellishments (especially pretty flowers!). I had a go and here is what I have come up with. My stamp is one of the cuties from The Greeting Farm (*sigh!* how I love The Greeting Farm stamps!) and he is from the 'my guy Ian' set. I have coloured him with copics and added some sparkly spicas as well (I could not make a card without some form of sparkle!). I used a Martha Stewart punch-around-the-page for my background paper and added some metalic 'masculine-looking' brads to the papers as well.

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

- Anyone For Anya? Recipe challenge; 3 papers, 2 embellishments (I have used brads and ribbon), 1 image 
- Fashionable Stamping Challenges Challenge #14; make it a guy thing
Stampalot Challenge January Challenge; monochromatic
- Shopping Our Stash Challenge #36; winter blues

12 comments:

  1. What a cute boy card! I love that Ian stamp. Great job.
    Thanks for joining us at {Anyone For Anya}!

    -AnnieRose

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to have a matching gift tag with your card, makes it all rather special.

    Thank you so much for joining our Monochromatic theme at Stampalot this month, good luck and hope we will see you again next month (new challenge Sunday).

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card!

    Thank you so much for joining us at FSC.

    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect Masculine card, love the image & the cool border punch you used. Thanks for joining us over at SOS this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly , I love your card, you have created the perfect male card, and that stamp is awesome.
    Hugs Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and tag set.Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot, Ruth :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card, perfect for a boy. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic card for our monochromatic challenge, thanks for joining us at sir stampalot this month and good luck!

    hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous colours and design. Thanks for sharing your lovely card and tag with us at FSC.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the edging behind your image...great card...thanks for joining us at shopping our stash this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is perfect for a guy! Wonderful card and such fantastic coloring! Thank you for joining Fashionable Stamping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet look this boy.This cards colors are blue.Themes colors also blue.I like this cards color creations.

    mopeds

    ReplyDelete